Laser-light bleaching is similar to at-home treatments, except we use a high-powered laser in office to activate the bleach. It is believed that using a laser light speeds up the decomposition process of peroxide based gels.
Getting whiter teeth has become the number one aesthetic concern for many people.
In office laser assisted whitening done in minutes
Now we can whiten your teeth with minimal or no sensitivity at all, in minutes. Ask us about laser-assisted whitening.
Our teeth get stained over the years, mainly because of what we eat and drink. Teeth whitening is a simple and safe way to change the colour of your natural enamel, and bring back the pearly whites of your youth! The most popular way to whiten teeth is to use a take-home system. These at-home kits cause dramatic improvement for most people.Teeth whitening only works on natural tooth enamel, so it is important to evaluate replacement of any old white fillings, crowns, etc. to match the newly bleached teeth.
Teeth whitening is not permanent. A touch-up may be needed every several years, and more often if you drink coffee, tea, or wine, or smoke.
Teeth whitening is an ideal way to enhance the beauty of your smile.
Reasons for teeth whitening:
- Fluorosis (excessive fluoridation during tooth development)
- Normal wear of outer tooth layer
- Stained teeth due to medication
- Yellow, brown stained teeth
What does teeth whitening involve?
Our teeth whitening usually requires two visits:
- After we decide that teeth whitening is appropriate for you, we will make impressions (moulds) of your teeth, in order to customize soft plastic trays.
- You will try on the trays for a proper fit, and adjustments will be made if necessary.
- The trays will be taken home and worn with special whitening gel solution. Depending on the degree of current staining and desired level of whitening, you will wear the trays for either 2 times, 30 minutes per day for a couple of weeks, or overnight. It is normal to experience tooth sensitivity during the time you are whitening your teeth, but it will subside shortly after you have stopped the process.
- You will receive care instructions for your teeth and the trays, and be encouraged to visit us regularly to help maintain a beautiful, healthy, white smile.